Software Engineer II (JS Framework(s) / C# / SQL)
To author and maintain software applications of varying complexities and on varying tech stacks – in the healthcare space.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
– Assist level 4 and lead engineers to develop, modify and maintain software applications for internal and external client use. Provide first level support on common operational concerns
– Work collaboratively with internal resources to assess and understand technical specifications and business requirements for new systems.
– Maintain current modules, applications or processes in production.
– Actively participate on an Agile scrum team, sizing work efforts and decomposing functionality and iteratively delivering value.
– Unit test development
– Follow directives from project mentor (senior engineer, project architect, etc.).
– Triage production issues and affect solutions
– Code spelunking
– Perform software design and coding according to SKYGEN and accepted secure coding patterns
– Work collaboratively with internal team members on investigating and fixing defects
– Act as the first level of operational triage support as necessary.
– Develop and maintain technical documentation
– Associates Degree or equivalent years of experience or equivalent certification. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field highly preferred.
Required Level of Experience
– Typically 2-4 years of experience in software development
– Knowledge of software design and development techniques
– Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to others
– Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and communication styles
– Strong problem solving skills
– Knowledge and proficiency in various technical areas:
0 Object Oriented Design
0 ASP.NET Web Form Development
0 ASP.NET MVC Development
0 .Net Core
0 API (SOAP, RESTFul) development
0 Secure coding patterns
0 Visual Studio 2019
0 SQL Server 2014 or any Relational DB
– Fostering Teamwork – As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
– Analytical Thinking – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
– Forward Thinking – The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
– Critical Thinking – The ability to analyze/evaluate information as presented, utilize past experience to make decisions that are logical and reasonable and demonstrate sound judgment.
– Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
– Fostering Innovation – The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
– Detail Oriented – Ensuring that one’s own and/or others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
– Programming languages (C#)
– Knowledge of Agile methodologies
– Knowledge and proficiency in:
0 Angular JS
0 Angular 7+
0 Agile Development Methodology
– Use a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone over five hours a day
– Ability to sit more than 75% during an 8 hour workday
– Ability to communicate in an active office environment
– Ability to operate all required job related equipment
– Occasional long, irregular hours
– Occasional standing or moving throughout facility
This position is located in a wheelchair accessible building. The office environment is active with high voice levels, frequent interruptions, which may challenge hearing and concentration. The statements in the above sections of this description are not all inclusive and job duties and responsibilities may change due to business necessity.